Craft Jam Pubnights 2013

Wednesday 27 February 2013

Podgy Pigeon - Lampshade Jam 12th & 13th March





I am very excited to introduce Podgy Pigeon the brainchild of Harriet Walsh.  Harriet started her business after moving into her first home in Devon.  Tired of the dull and commercial lampshades on the market, she decided to have a go at making her own lampshades to perk up her ceilings.  She admits to having an obsession with ceilings which she considers a very under utilised space in peoples homes. 

Harriet sells her lampshades via Etsy and has just set up her own website at www.podgypigeon.co.uk
She is coming to the City Gate on the 12th and 13th of March to teach a very eager bunch of Craft Jammers to make their own lampshades.  I am so excited about this particular Craft Jam, as lampshades are incredibly expensive and I never seem to like anything I see in the shops.  I consider the correct lighting very important, adding warmth and ambience to the home.  I don't like stark lighting and usually use lamp lighting rather than ceiling lighting. The opportunity to learn how to make my own shade is just too tempting for words!! I already have the perfect place in our house for my shade when its finished.  I posted Lampshade Jam on The Craft Hub Facebook page in late January, for the 13th of March, it booked out within 1 hour!  There was such a crowd on the waiting list that I contacted Harriet who was more than happy to do the night before also.  This too was posted and sold out within half an hour!  Phew.  It's not just me then :)


You can follow Podgy on Facebook and Twitter or buy her gorgeous shades via EtsyRoll on the 12th and 13th of March!!



 
Gorgeous Japanese  Echino Fabric Lampshade by Podgy Pigeon













No comments:

Post a Comment